Bitcoin derivatives trading has been on the rise.
According to a TokenInsight report, the crypto derivatives market featured a $2.7 trillion trading volume in Q3 2020, representing a 25.1% surge from the previous quarter as well as a year-over-year (YoY) growth of nearly 160%.
But what are Bitcoin derivatives, what benefits do they offer, and what is the best crypto trading platform to get started?
Bitcoin Derivatives Trading Explained
With rising popularity in both the crypto industry and traditional finance, derivatives are financial contracts between two or more parties that derive their values from one or a basket of underlying assets.
Bitcoin derivatives products follow the BTC price, allowing users to trade contracts without owning the digital asset.
Most cryptocurrency derivatives fall into the following two categories:
- Options contracts: Crypto options refer to an agreement between two parties to buy or sell a digital asset at a fixed price before the expiration date. While buyers (holders) purchase options from sellers (writers) at a premium, the prior parties are not obliged to exercise their rights on the expiry date.
- Futures contracts: Bitcoin futures contracts are very similar to options as they also feature an agreement between two parties to trade an underlying digital asset at a predetermined price at a future date. However, unlike options contracts, both the buyers and sellers of crypto futures are required to fulfill their commitments.
In addition to what the spot market offers, Bitcoin derivatives trading allows users to:
- Trade digital assets on a margin with leverage to increase the potential for profits
- Harness the benefits of a bear market by shorting digital assets
- Stabilize price fluctuations during times of extreme volatility
- Hedge against the risks of the crypto market
Where to Trade Bitcoin Derivatives?
Now that you know the basics let’s see where to trade Bitcoin derivatives.
The best way to gain exposure to digital asset derivatives is via a cryptocurrency exchange that offers the following features to traders:
- High liquidity
- Reasonable trading fees
- Robust and beginner-friendly platform
- Access to multiple cryptocurrency derivatives products
- Fast deposits and withdrawals
Is There a Way to Trade Crypto Derivatives for Free?
Most cryptocurrency exchanges impose fees on derivatives trading to maintain a profitable business.
While the standard trading fees range around 0.10% at the majority of the providers, the costs can easily add up if you are using leverage. For example, on a 100x leverage, the exchange will deduct 10% of your margin on every single trade.
Doing so hurts your profitability while rendering the crypto trading strategies of many scalpers and high-frequency traders null and void.
But what if we told you that there is a way that allows you to trade crypto derivatives for free?
Meet Digitex, the next-generation futures exchange that offers commission-free cryptocurrency trading for all its users.
Digitex achieves free crypto trading on its platform by leveraging its native DGTX token.
Denominating all account balances in DGTX and using the cryptocurrency to pay out profits and losses allows the exchange’s users to enjoy a zero-fee trading experience while keeping 100% of their revenue.
In addition to the ability to trade crypto for FREE, Digitex offers the following benefits to its users:
- Rewards programs to earn an extra income on your crypto
- Enhanced liquidity
- Seamless and user-friendly platform
- Lightning-fast matching engine with one-click trade submission
- Automated crypto trading to maximize revenue and accumulate more DGTX rewards via liquidity mining
- 24/7 availability
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) trading without intermediaries
Digitex: the Revolutionary Crypto Trading Platform for Bitcoin Derivatives
With zero fees, lightning-fast speed, generous rewards programs, as well as a robust crypto trading platform, Digitex is the right choice for every trader looking to gain easy exposure to digital asset derivatives.
Are you ready to trade Bitcoin derivatives while keeping 100% of your profits? Create an account at Digitex now.
Also, don’t forget to stock up your DGTX bags to benefit from Digitex’s rapid growth and profit from the favorable price movements of the crypto exchanges’ native token (DGTX closed March with an amazing 222% ROI).